Reporting Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
PAHAF constituents, employees, and contractors may report suspected fraud, waste, and/or abuse in one of three ways:
- Contact the AFWA hotline at 1-800-211-5418
- Complete the online Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse form
- Email [email protected]
Fraud is the intentional deception or misrepresentation made by a person with the knowledge that the deception could result in an unauthorized benefit to himself/herself or some other person.
If you know or suspect fraud occurred related to PAHAF, please report it by using one of the reporting methods above.
Please review the below descriptions of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse:
- Fraud is the intentional (willful or purposeful) deception or misrepresentation made by a person with the knowledge that the deception could result in some unauthorized benefit to him/herself or some other person. There are many forms of fraud and one common fraud found in COVID-19 pandemic relief programs is the certification of false information.
- Waste includes over‐utilizing PHFA’s services, supplies, or equipment, or causing unnecessary costs through carelessness or inefficiency.
- Abuse includes activities that result in unnecessary costs to PHFA and the PAHAF Program. Note that this is financial abuse, not physical or emotional abuse of a person. Physical and emotional abuse of a person should be reported to the police.